Ok, so if you checked the blog yesterday, you saw the info on the Old Navy flip flops! ....Well, that's how we spent 1/2 of our day! Old Navy opened at 9:30 this morning & I got there just before 10am. Well, the line was all the way to the back of the store & there were about 5 registers open!!! There were people everywhere - it was crazy!! (Had I been shopping with a certain sister, she would have left when we walked in the store!) :) Anywho..... the kids & I dug in at the tables & searched for the flip flop sizes we needed! Of course, every woman that wears a size 8 was there, so all I could get was 1 pair of black & 1 pair of pink!! (The pickings were slim for the kids too!!) They were on sale for $1, with a limit of 5 pair per person! Well, long story short, we waited in line for almost AN HOUR for these "cheap" flip flops!! (Yes, they are normally 2/$5, but you have to buy 2 - that means you have to spend $5 - this sale saved you $3 on 2 pair!!) :) Shayne was meeting me there after work, so I had him buy some & my mom met us there & she bought some!! (I also got some great deals on shorts & skorts for Madelyn!!) Luckily, I brought my umbrella stroller & some treats, and the kids were great! :) We left with 11 pair of $1-flip flops!!! :) ***Get this: after we left, Gilbert Fire Dept. came to Old Navy, because someone passed out......... probably from standing in the crazy line!!!!! ********
When we were done, Shayne had enough shopping & left! :) The kids & I went to lunch with my mom & then to a few more stores for bridal shower stuff!! :) After that, we headed home & stopped by Circle K.... for Icees of course!! (Since it was about 110 degrees!!) After we got home, we went out back & the kids played in the water while Shayne & I started a garden!!!! :) We're not pro's by any means, so we started small. We planted tomatoes, bell peppers & strawberries. Kinda a wierd combo, but they looked good at the store!! :) Hopefully this one will take off & then we can expand with the seasons!! :) I've always wanted a garden, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that between the heat, the dog & the bugs that the plants survive!!! :)
We still have to finish the pavers around the outside!!
To finish off our day, we had dinner, watched a movie on tv & got the kids ready for bed! Well, Madelyn was brushing her teeth & guess what................ SHE LOST ANOTHER TOOTH!!! Finally, all her loose teeth are out!! Hopefully, she won't be losing any more for quite a while!! :)
3 comments:
The tooth fairy is finally broke from Madelyn! I have never seen someone lose so many teeth in such a short time! She's gotta be rich!
So do you think it was worth it for the Old Navy flip flops? I guess so or you would have left, eh? I think I'd be with Tasha... I mean your unnamed sister :) and say forget this! Especially since I'd be pulling my hair out with my kids by the time we got to the register! But you stuck to it and ended up with a lot of cute flip flops. :)
p.s. sorry bout the deleted comment, it had Cameron's name on it somehow!
Post a Comment