We went to Tamarack Surf Beach, in Carlsbad, which was about 5 minutes from our hotel! The undertow was really strong & we had to stay within "swimming" limits - they had it sectioned off for surfing & for swimming - hence the "Surf Beach"! (We actually didn't know this until we left the first day!!) By the second visit, Madelyn was a pro at boogieboarding!! We couldn't keep her out of the water!! She would ride a wave in, and head straight back out again!! She only stopped occasionally for a snack or drink!! :) Hunter & Noah, unfortunately, were traumatized by their first boogieboarding experience & didn't have the same desire to be in the water!! (Each of them went under the wave the first time they tried!!) :(
We had such a good time! It was so relaxing! We can't wait to go back next summer!!! Here are some pictures of our beach adventure - - sorry, I tried to only post a "few"!! :)
Don't know why this picture of Noah is sideways!! I tried to turn it about 10 x's & this is how it came out!! :( He thought he was sooo brave, (by the 2nd day), because he was sitting in the water!!

Madelyn was a little bummed by the selection of sea shells - - not too many!! :(

Hunter was totally in his element in the sand!! He loved it!! He was in heaven with fruit snacks & sand - - and yes, he ate them both!! :)

Madelyn wiped out while boogieboarding & got a nice "raspberry" on her booty!! Then, she ended up with a goofy sunburn, under her eyes, on her chest, and between her bathingsuit top & bottom on her back!!!! I totally coated her with sunblock, (due to her "snow white" skin), but I guess I should have re-applied more often!! :(
Madelyn was a little bummed by the selection of sea shells - - not too many!! :(
Hunter was totally in his element in the sand!! He loved it!! He was in heaven with fruit snacks & sand - - and yes, he ate them both!! :)
Madelyn wiped out while boogieboarding & got a nice "raspberry" on her booty!! Then, she ended up with a goofy sunburn, under her eyes, on her chest, and between her bathingsuit top & bottom on her back!!!! I totally coated her with sunblock, (due to her "snow white" skin), but I guess I should have re-applied more often!! :(
2 comments:
Hey Tiffany,
That looks like sooo much fun! I have to say, I am jealous! Glad you got to get out of the heat this summer. :)
Love the picture of Hunter "in his element," so cute! I can picture him eating fruit snacks mixed with sand :) I love the beach, too, but not getting sunburned! No fun for Madelyn!
Post a Comment