Monday, June 9, 2008

All That Glitters


(Sorry, these 2 are out of order!! I tried to add them to the end, but I couldn't move them!!) :)

For Christmas, Madelyn received 1/2 a year of dance from Shayne's parents, for Jeanne's School of Dance!! She had her first dance recital on Saturday night & did great!! :) The theme was "All That Glitters", and she danced to "Clumsy" by Fergie! It was Jeanne's 50th Anniversary & "Jeanne" herself was there!! :) We spent all day getting ready! Half the day was spent in sponge rollers, only for the curls to be non-existant about 1 hour after taking them out, (due to her hair being SOO long!!)!! We also polished her nails & did her make-up - - all her favorite things!! :)


The recital was quite long (about 2 hours to be exact!), and she was the 2nd to last performance!! It was worth it, however, when we saw her out there shakin' her cute little booty!! :) She loved being on stage & has decided that she DOES want to take dance again!!

These are our "prohibited" photos!! (Madelyn is 2nd from left in both.) They're a little blurry because I was trying to be sneaky! :) I didn't use my flash, but there were lots of people that did!!


Madelyn was so happy to get flowers! I had to get her some-- after she saw Chloe & Sadie get some at their recital, she asked me if she would get some at hers!! She got carnations from us, and Elena & Isa got her a rose!

After the recital, we all went to Bahama Bucks!! We stayed out a little late, but we had fun!! Thanks to all our family that came to support Madelyn!! It means a lot!! :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

How cute! Looks like she had lots of fun! Awesome that she wants to do it again! I'm thinking about signing Madison up for Jeanne's summer dance program... a few of my nieces did it last year.. I have to find out a little more about it first though. Our summer is so short this year!