Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Long Day

I don't think that there is anyone on the earth that enjoys funerals. I sure don't! Well, today was Rick's funeral, so we made the (hour-long) trek to Phoenix. We thought we were going to be late, but we got there just in time!! Last night, we got a call from Shayne's sister, telling us that her kids were sick, and that his parents were sick too - - needless to say, all three kids joined us at the funeral! (We're sorry that you guys are sick & hope all the Hernandezs & Martinezs are doing well soon!!) The kids actually did great! Hunter had to go out in the hall with Shayne, but not until the very end!! The funeral was very spiritual & my uncle Jeff did a great job telling Rick's life history!

Being that the kids were with us, we didn't want to push it, so we opted not to go to the cemetery or luncheon. (I was bummed that we didn't get to visit with family!) However, we headed home & stopped by Elmer's for lunch! - - YUM!! :) When we got home, we worked around the house & yard, ONE of us took a nap (NOT me), and then we took the kids to the park! We played frisbee, soccer, and football & played with these cool rocket balloons Noah got from Hawk for his birthday - super cool gift!! :) After playing in the field, the kids played on the playground for a few minutes & we headed home! We ate dinner, and Hunter crashed on the couch before the kitchen was cleaned - he was exhausted!! We had a long day! Even though we went to a funeral, it was a nice day!
(3 tired kids!!)

We love & miss you Rick!! :)

1 comment:

hernandezfam said...

Hey guys, sorry about not being able to have the kids over. When I talked to you earlier in the week I thought Isa was going to be over her sickness but Thursday night I got worried when she was not even keeping fluids down. So Friday I made a Dr. appt for the afternoon, after speaking to you and found out she was dehydrated and very contagious. Sorry about that. Then I found out Debbie had gotten it from her because we were at their house last Sunday. So I called Shayne to let him know what the Dr. had said and he did not want to chance it. The Dr. gave Isa Zofran and ordered she drink a lot of fluids or they might have to hospitalize her. So Friday we started the medication and it worked, she was able to keep fluids down. Saturday she had much more energy and was drinking a lot. She is much better now and since she was so contagious I hope Hugo and I don't get it. :-)