Well, after driving this car for 3 days, we had to take it back & were undecided. So, being the clever person that I am (hehe!), I suggested that before we return the car, we should drive it to another dealer & see what they can offer us!! (Ya know, to prove that we're serious!!) :) Well, we went to Mitsubishi & found an Outlander that we liked!! This was a 2007, but it only had 100 miles!! It even had a mini 3rd seat that folds flat!! It is a V6, 4WD, but gets the same gas milage as the 4-cylinder Ford!! So..... considering that we had to get the Ford back to the dealer by a certain time, Mitsubishi told us to take the Outlander home & try it out for a few days!!! Now, this is about 6 days of not buying gas - - my kind of week!! :) Well, we had to take it back last night & make a big decision!! We dropped the car off & went to the mall to eat, while we decided! Shayne went back to the dealer while the kids & I shopped around! Well, about 8:45, (just before the mall closed, and right after Noah punched Madelyn in the mouth making her tooth bleed, and just before my patience was gone....) Shayne calls to tell me that they were coming to pick us up because they WEREN'T done!! So, we all go back to the dealer, hang out for 30 minutes, then the kids & I walked (luckily we brought the stroller) to Wal-Mart!! So, we shop around as long as we can, and until the boys fell asleep, and then sit & wait on the bench inside Wal-Mart for about 30 minutes, until Shayne picked us up - - AT 11:00PM!!!! I love shopping & all, but not that way!!! People were staring at us like we were homeless or something!! :) Needless to say, we have a cool new car & I've been averaging 20-22 miles/gallon ---WOOHOO!! :) (And I know this because the little screen tells me so!!) :) Oh, in case you're wondering, Shayne traded in his truck & is now driving the Expedition. (He only drives to work & back, where as I am constantly driving "stop & go"!!) Hopefully this will be a great addition to our lives & save us a little $ on gas!! :)
3 comments:
Yea!! I just got in a car accident two days ago and totaled our honda. So now we are looking for a new car. We are thinking of a suburban so that we don't have to buy another car for a long, long time. It is so stressful! I don't even know what we can afford. AHHH!
Nice car guys!! Especially since you will be saving so much in gas. So now you can come over and swim more often right!?!?!? :-)
So I guess you got the Outlander? I was waiting to hear about a 3rd car after Shayne said you weren't done yet... :) How exciting! My Sequoia tells me the avg gas mileage I get too, and it is slowly going down down down... not sure why. We're at about 15 mpg right now... ouch! It really does hurt with gas being like $4 a gallon! Oh well. Well, have fun in your new car!
Post a Comment