Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Weekend

Well, our excitement actually started before the weekend, so I guess I'll start there!! :) On Thursday, about 3am, I woke up to lots of lower back pain! :( I was up, on & off, until about 5, then got up for good at 6!! Well, I started having contractions & they just didn't want to stop! About 9ish, I called the dr. & they told me the nurse would call me back. By 2:00, I still hadn't heard back from them & so I called them back. Of course, I was "next on the list" so I hung on for a minute & finally got to talk to someone!! The dr. told me to go to Labor & Delivery to get checked & monitored!! Well, long-story short, I'm dialated to 1 & had a shot of some aweful stuff to stop the contractions!! (I had to take this stuff while pregnant with Madelyn, for about 2-3 weeks! - NOT FUN!!) I guess pre-term labor is a "girl thing" for me, being that I didn't have it with my boys!! Figures - it would be the girls giving me trouble early on!! :) I go back to the dr. on Thursday, so we'll see what he has to say!!

* On Friday, Madelyn got to go to her friend Madison's surprise bday party! She had lots of fun! Now guess what she wants to do for her bday???!!! I told her that you can't "plan" your own surprise party - that just doesn't work!! :)
* On Saturday, Valentine's Day, we had a nice relaxing day around the house!! The kids woke up, surprised by gifts!! They didn't even expect anything, so it was so cute to see their excitement!! (Even if their gifts weren't elaborate!!) :) After opening gifts, we had a big breakfast, complete with pink-heart pancakes!! :) For the rest of the afternoon, Shayne & the kids played outside, while I folded laundry & relaxed on the couch!! :) When the kids went to bed, the rest of our evening was full of romance!! - - NOT!! :) Shayne went up stairs to study & I watched tv down stairs, only to fall asleep on the couch!! (Can't be too romantical on "pelvic rest"!!) hahahaha!! ;)
Valentine's pancakes! :)

Besides a basket of candy, Madelyn got Disney Channel Monopoly; Noah got a Playmobil set; and Hunter got a (badly wanted) Indiana Jones whip! (With which he has tried to whip around the stair railing & climb up - - he's already hurt himself twice!!) :)

Sometimes the boys play so cute together!! :) - Yes, they are wearing "play clothes" - hence the groovy atire!! :)
* On Sunday, we went to my Mom & John's to have a "belated" birthday dinner for John! We had steak, chicken, salad, potatoes & bread - followed by lots of treats!! :)
* Today, being that there was no school, the kids spent the morning playing. Madelyn & Hunter dressed up as "spies", then they all played outside, then we had lunch & got ready for Madelyn's big appointment!!! - - SHE GOT BRACES TODAY!!! :) She was so nervous, but soooooo excited after they were on!! (I told her that I hope she keeps that "excited" attitude when they start to hurt!!) :)

Before braces & with her new "bling"!! :)

Madelyn & Hunter playing "orfice-dontist" as Hunter says!! :)
***That's about the extent of our LONG weekend!! :)***

1 comment:

hansen family said...

So cool Bubbs!! I love the pink rubber bands =) Hope they don't hurt too bad. Gage and Chloe are really excited about your braces. Love you guys =)