Sunday, September 14, 2008

What a Week!!!

Well, we made it through the week!! Every day last week included at least 2 events & didn't give us too much relaxing time!! I'll give a brief (well, I tried to keep it brief, but it turned out quite long! - Sorry!) run-down of the week:

Monday:
I had an appointment with my Endo. to check my thyroid - levels still the same, but wants to check me every 2 months now that I'm pregnant! Then, I pick up Noah from school, we eat lunch, and head over to Tasha's house to drop off the boys! I go back to the school for Noah's parent-teacher conference & to pick up Madelyn!!

Tuesday:
I pick up Noah from school, then go back an hour later to take Madelyn out of school early for TWO appointments!! (Tasha is nice enough to meet me somewhere to take the boys - again!) Madelyn had a dentist appointment (sealants on her molars), followed by an ORTHODONTIST appointment!! This was the 1st of 3 appointmens!! She has to get a palate expander - basically, her top jaw is narrower than her bottom jaw & her teeth are not lining up! Also, her teeth are coming in crooked so hopefully this will widen her jaw & prevent the need for braces in the future!! The 1st appointment they put in some wide rubber bands (spacers) to make room for the brackets she's getting this week! Everything will be complete by next week! She has to have this in for about 6-9 months! This is what it will look like:

Luckily the dentist & orthodontist are in the same office, so Madelyn got to stay in the same chair & they came to her!! :)

Wednesday:
I drop off the kids at school by 7:40 & go to Madelyn's conference at 7:50. (Both kids are doing great, by the way!!) :) We pick the kids up from school & go inside to check out the book fair. Madelyn & Noah pick a book & Hunter picks a pen with goofy eyeballs on top - whatever!! :) Shayne goes to class & I take Hunter (once again) to Tasha's so the other kids & I can go to see the dinosaurs!!

Thursday:
Actually the only "normal" day of the week! Madelyn had 1/2 day due to conferences!

Friday:
I had my first OB appointment!! This is my 4th baby, 4th doctor, and 4th hospital!! :) Hopefully we'll get it right with our last try! :) I decided to try Dr. Huish after hearing good reviews from a few friends! He was very nice & told me my due date is March 31st - I like him even more... speeding it along already! (I thought it would be April!!) :) We heard the heartbeat - soooo awesome, even the 4th time!! :)

Saturday:
This day was mostly devoted to Shayne! :) He took part in the Firefighter Combat Challenge, benefitting Cystic Fibrosis! It was at the AZ Center, in Phoenix, and we had to leave the house about 7:15am!! We drove to my mom's & she followed us, bringing Gage & Chloe with her. We got to the event about 8:30ish, and it started about 9:30. While Shayne checked in, the rest of us enjoyed FREE Krispie Kreme donuts, fruit, bagels, water & Vitamin Water!! (Also came home with FREE frisbees, chapstick, air fresheners, t-shirts & power bars!!) :) Shayne was on a team of 3 guys from his station. They competed in a relay race - Shayne's part consisted of running zig-zag through hydrants, hitting this thing with a sledge hammer until it moves past a certain point, then running with a charged fire hose & shooting a target with the water!!! (**Oh, I forgot to mention - they had to do this FULLY TURNED-OUT in all their gear!!!) They did great! Their time was only 2 min. 3 sec., but they took 4th place by only 1 second!!! :( Oh well, he didn't win a prize, but this event did raise over $80,000 for Cystic Fibrosis!! We had a great time & the kids loved running around! Luckily, the weather was wonderful in the shade!! :)



Shayne's team, "Fighting Engine 201" - Shayne, Justin & thier captain, John.




* No, that's not a Muslim woman, that's Hunter, trying on Shayne's hood!! :)

After the event, we took the kids back to my mom's, and they got to spend the night!! Shayne & I had no kids for about 24 hours!! It was kinda nice! :) We went to dinner & then did a little birthday & Christmas shopping! We even got to go to church alone for the first time in forever!! Thanks mom, we needed the break!! :) Also, thanks Tasha for all your help this week!! :)

We have stuff scheduled for this week, but hopefully it won't be as busy as last week!!! :)

3 comments:

hansen family said...

WOW!!!! What a week!!!!! That Tasha girl must be so nice to keep your kids all the time. hahahahhahahah... JUST KIDDING!!!! I LOVE it and we wouldn't change a thing!! It's crazy at times as you know when you have my kids but, we do enjoy having them. How exciting to hear the baby's heartbeat.Good job Shayne. Love you guys!!

Tina ♥ said...

Weeks like that fly by. I did the same thing as you, and had 4 babies with 4 different hospitals and 4 different doctors. I had Dr. Huish with Kacey. I liked him a lot, but we moved and I wanted someone closer. Your kids are so cute and I love the pictures of them in the firefighter clothes.

Priceless Heritage said...

Fun to see you yesterday- sorry for the "drop in" :) he he. Well- you have one cute family and love that picture of Gage with the thumbs up and the one in Shayne's uniform. By the way- word's out the scrapbook store is closing this Sat. the 20th- Discounts!!! I'm going are you????