Thursday, July 31, 2008

First Day of School!!




Well, it's finally here ..... the first day of school! I now only have ONE at home!! :)

Well, we got up bright & early today, at 6:15! Noah came walking down stairs - I didn't have to wake him up! He was so excited!! I had to wake Madelyn up, but she was still excited! We got ready & left for school!

Noah goes to school from 7:45 to 12:15 - quite a long day for kindergarten! (At Edu-Prize, the TOPS program gives you the same amount of instruction time as all day, but they take out lunch & one recess!! - And it was our only option for kindergarten!) Noah's teacher is Mrs. Kyte. She is very nice & we've heard great things about her, so we're excited for him!!

Madelyn goes from 8:10-2:40, except for Fridays, when she gets out at 11:40! (So, yes, I'll be at the school ALOT!!!) Madelyn's teacher is Mrs. Martin again - the teachers loop with their kids, so they have them for 2 years! We're glad, because she's a great teacher! She's very organized & Madelyn learned a lot last year!!

Once we got to the school today, we went to the playground & found Mrs. Kyte. She remembered Noah's name, (from meet the teacher on Monday!), and had him line up! Then it hit me - - he's not so little any more!! I tried not to be a cry baby, but I couldn't help it!! As he walked past me, I told him to have fun & my voice was all squeeky! :( He definitely did better than I did!! I was fine after he went inside, it was just watching him walk off inside the building that was hard!!

As for Madelyn - she saw a few friends that she knew & asked if she could go play!!! No sadness there!!! :( (I guess that's how I'd want it anyway!) I'm sure they'll have a great time today & I'll probably be adding a follow-up post tonight!! :)

2 comments:

hernandezfam said...

How exciting!!! You guys look so cute! Wow Noah your are such a big boy, now in kindergarten. We hope you guys have a good first day!! Hope to see you guys soon. I thought about you today Tiffany wondering how it was with just Hunter home :-)

Sione and Britni Fa said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that Noah is in kindergarten already...they looked so cute!