Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A "LUCKY" Friday

**Sorry, but this is a little long!!** :)
Friday started out busy for us, as most days are! We were up early & out the door by 9am!! We headed "into town" and stopped by "Once Upon a Child", to see if they'd buy any of our stuff!! They first tell me that the computers were down & it might be awhile!! LUCKILY, they were fixed before I left & the guy told me it would be about 40 minutes!! So while they were looking through our stuff, we took the car to the dealership by Superstition Mall. (The paint on the roof racks was peeling when we bought the car & they said they'd replace them!) ---So, we get there & the guy said he doesn't have "Martinez" down for 10:00!! Well, LUCKILY, (again), he found us on paper & not in the computer!! We were there about 10 minutes & then we were done! I thought we were going to be way longer than that, so we had a little time to kill, before our 11:00 lunch date!! The kids & I head back over to wait for our "buy" and stopped by Barnes & Noble to waste some time!! My kids love books & had fun! Hunter almost had an accident, but we made it to the bathroom!! ---LUCKILY!! :)

So, we finish up our errands (and killing time), and head back over to the mall. We had planned to meet my friend, Amanda & her son Preston for lunch @ 11:00. LUCKILY, we were on time!! :) We had a nice lunch & then headed over to the play area to let the kids play! After that, we stopped by Fuzziwigs & the kids all picked a treat! Thanks Amanda & Preston, we had a great time!! :)

Well, after they left, we looked in a few stores & decided to leave. So, we head out to the car, I unlock the doors, start the car & air & shut the door. .....Well, apparently, when I unlocked the door, I also locked it!! So, my purse, phone and KEYS were in the car with it running!!!!! (Our car has a sensor on the door handle that allows you to unlock the doors as long as you have the key somewhere on you - -pocket, purse, etc.-- without having to get the keys out! Then, you can lock the doors by pushing the button on the door handle!! So, as soon as I touched the sensor & opened the door, my finger hit the lock button, without realizing it!!!) :) .....SO..... after freaking out a bit, we go back into the mall & use the phone at the JC Penney counter!! I called Shayne, who was working a shift for a friend & was LUCKILY at station 5 (which is on Greenfield!!)! So, I tell him our story & he says he'll be there in a little while, but will probably have to bring the whole ENGINE!!! Nice! So, we head back outside to wait, and prepare to be completely embarrassed when his whole crew shows up in a fire engine to "save" us!!! :) Well, after waiting a while, we see him pull up.... LUCKILY in the Expedition, NOT the engine!!! :) He uses his key, opens the door & we were "saved" by a cute firefighter!! :) After that, we left!!!! We headed straight to 7-11, for their FREE Slurpee day, (It was July 11 - 7/11- so they gave away free 7.11 oz Slurpees!) Madelyn got the free one & after our "LUCKY" day, I enjoyed a 32 oz!! (Unfortunately, for the boys, they were asleep!!) :

2 comments:

xraymomma said...

SO, your novel (haha) left me on the edge of my seat! Did the store buy any of your stuff. Sounds like a fun day, dang I missed slurpee day.There's always next year.

Kara said...

Sounds like a busy day with a lot of ups and downs! Luckily, you survived it! How do you always know about the fun free/cheap stuff like $1.50 flip flops and free slurpees?? You are well informed I must say.

I haven't forgotten about the thing you tagged me for... I've just been trying to get ready for our trip so I haven't had much free time! I'm planning on doing it when we come back! :)