Sunday, October 2, 2011

Update - - Madelyn!!

Well, as usual, Madelyn's doing great! :)  She's loving school (and boys ;), and doing well in school!!  She just memorized all 50 states & capitals - and had to place them on the map!!  Talk about "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader"!!! - - NO, I am not!!  :(   This year, Madelyn chose to play the violin!  She is loving it & just learning to play!  (Until recently, they've only been "plucking"!)  - - Olivia calls it her "guitar"!!  ;)










Madelyn recently had THREE teeth pulled & a spacer put in!!  This is all to prepare her mouth for her 2nd round of braces!!  :(  She still has a few baby teeth to loose before that will happen, so I think she's happy about that!!










In June, and then again last month, Madelyn "watched" our neighbor's 2 cats while they were out of town!  (And everyone knows that I am SUCH a cat lover!!  - - NOT!!!)  It was delightful to go & empty the litter boxes & give them a can of tuna!!  (Pardon me while I gag as I reflect!!!  ;)  Anywho - - SHE likes cats, so she had fun & managed to earn a Charming Charlie's gift card & cash!!!  Not too shabby!!  ;)










Besides the drama & attitude that goes along with my soon-to-be "pre-teen" (as she informed me that she will be, in December - when she turns 11!!!), she's a great girl!!  She loves talking on the phone, drawing, doing her nails, & listening to music!!   . . . and helping her mom!  ;) ;)

2 comments:

Matt and Katelyn said...

Great updates on your kids! So excited to see you all next month:) it's been far too long.

Sione and Britni Fa said...

That is so funny about the cats. Maizi has mentioned having a cat & I quickly let her know that we will NEVER own a cat! :) The kids are so cute & growing up so fast.