Tuesday, February 16, 2010
What To Eat???
Well, at the end of January, I went to see good 'ol Dr. Baker. He's a naturopathic dr. and a chiropractor as well. My neck & back have been bothering me forever, and especially since my little accident in December, so I figured I'd give it a try! (Never been to a chiropractor before!!) My friend Kim has been raving about him forever, and my mom & Tasha have been to him too. I went to him for a chiropractic visit, but being that I had mentioned that I've been having some stomach issues, he did a little "voodoo" (haha, Kim!) to figure out what was going on! Well, he adjusted me, "put my head on straight" as he said, and told me that I am gluten & dairy intolerant!!!!! WOW! I kinda new the dairy thing before hand, but not the gluten!! So, I came home & began my new gluten-free, dairy-free, (taste-free) j/k, life!! (Oh yeah - oat-free too! - Can't handle oats either!!) :) It's been just over two weeks now & I have totally noticed a difference!! I'm learning to love (and kinda forced to love) new foods, but feeling so much better!! I know there's still a few things that I shouldn't be eating, but I will be going back to him for a regular doctor visit to learn what else I can't have!! Dairy & wheat are in EVERYTHING, so there's really not much else that he can take away!! :) Don't get me wrong, I do cheat occasionally, (like the 3 sugar cookies I ate yesterday - thanks Tasha!!) :) But they were worth the lump I had in my stomach after wards!!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like fun stuff! :) I should go to him, but I kind of already know what I'm not supposed to eat & I don't want to hear it. :)
I totally need to go back on my eating plan he gave me then we can eat cardboard together! =)
Post a Comment