Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Random

Just a few random items to blog about!! :)

First, Shayne & I had our "belated" Valentine's date on Saturday! My mom was nice enough to keep the kids for the day & let us go out! (Thanks Mom, we needed a few hours away!) :) We went to Olive Garden & I enjoyed some gluten-free pasta!! (Yep, they have it!!) (No bread sticks or grated cheese on my food though, so it just wasn't the same!) :( After lunch, we went to the mall to buy dress shoes for THREE children!! (Fun date, huh?) - Actually it was! It was quite peaceful, even if we were shopping for the kids!! Next, we went to Target - - YES, this was MY kind of date!!! :) When we were leaving, we saw a huge rainbow so I just had to take a picture!! :) (I didn't realize that you could see both ends of the rainbow until AFTER we drove past it, but I still got some of it!!) After our date, we picked up the kids & went home to get ready for Dallas & Candace's reception! Congratulations guys!!! It was fun to visit with everyone, even if only for a few minutes!! :)


Next - an update on a feisty little Ladybug:
This little girl is something else!!! She thinks she is so tricky, opening all the cupboards (that aren't locked), pulling things out, SHREDDING toilet paper, peeling off the little foam stickers (you know the ones inside your cupboards, so they shut gently?? - well, she seeks them out!!), climbing up the stairs, holding onto things & letting go, standing in her high chair, climbing on the dishwasher door if open, screaming her head off & throwing fits. . . I could go on & on!!! She is starting to get quite brave, just this week, and really wanting to walk!! She's only got a few more weeks until she's a year :( - so if she wants to join the others by walking at 11 or 12 months, she better get a move on - literally!! :) She's 11 months old & the other night, she slept through the night for the FIRST TIME!!!! Woo hoo!!! :) It was Saturday night - she was at my mom's during the day & only had a short nap - then just a few other short naps all day!! She went to bed at 10 & didn't wake up til 5!!! Then, I fed her & she went back to sleep til 7!!! :) I really wish I could say that every night since then has been just as great - - but sadly it hasn't! :( Some day. . . .

Don't ya just love my "bathroom photo shoot"?? She loves to stand on the little step to the tub & she was being a ham, so of course I had to grab the camera! :) And, yes, she gets to feed herself!! (Hey, if it's one of the times she'll let me put her down, I'll deal with the mess!!) :) (She's eating baked ziti, by the way!!) :)


The kids were all playing at Grama & Papa's the other day & they made a ramp for the HUGE hill in the backyard! :) They each tried a different vehicle - some worked a little better than others, but they had a great time! :)

1 comment:

hansen family said...

I love those pictures!! And I love her!! She is so stinkin cute and funny, I'm really glad she is kinds sleeping a bit better because I'm dying of 5 weeks with no sleep I couldn't imaging 1 YEAR!!!