Saturday, September 19, 2009

Olivia

Well - unfortunately this past week has been the worst yet!! :( On Tuesday night, I tried to feed Olivia about 9 & she was just crying & didn't want to eat. So, we gave her a breathing treatment & went to bed. Well, about 12:30 (Wed. morning), she wakes up crying & coughing. So I calmed her down & tried to feed her again. She ate a little & went back to sleep. She was up again at 1:3o, 2:30, and then again at 3:00!! (Not a fun night!!) So, at 3:00, I notice that she's really working to breathe! I wake up Shayne & he checks her out (so nice to have a medic in the house!), and tells me to take her to the ER!! (Since I was the only one that could feed her, I took her & he stayed with the other kids!) So, we rush to Banner Desert & we get her in right away! They check her out & admit her - she gets an IV, oxygen taped to her face, a rectal thermometer, and a moniter taped to her toe!!!! Needless to say, she was not a happy
camper!! :(
So, by about 7, we get to our room - - that's about 3 hours in the ER!!! Well, we were there from Wednesday morning, until Friday about 3pm!! She had breathing treatments around-the-clock, every 4 hours, IV fluids & antibiotics, suctioned twice, a chest x-ray, and all the normal nurse stuff in between (ie. blood pressure, temperature, weight, listening to her chest, etc.)!! They were treating her for Pneumonia & RSV just in case, however, it turned out to be neither, but another virus that was just as nasty!! :( They took her off oxygen about midnight on Friday, so being that she was doing ok on her own for about 12 hours, they let us go home!! Woohoo!! On top of all her "issues", she cut her 2 bottom teeth while we were there!!!! No wonder the poor kid has been so fussy these past 2 weeks!!! :( Hunter was only 3 months when he was in the hospital with RSV, but it was not any more fun with a 6-month-old! If his bad experience was the cause of his fiesty little personality, we're in for trouble with this little girl!!! :) We're still doing breathing treatments at home, and she's taking an antibiotic. We follow up on Monday with the doctor, so hopefully all will be well!!!



Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks:
* to Tasha for watching Hunter so Shayne could come to the hospital!!
* to John for coming to the hospital to help Shayne give Olivia a blessing! I know it helped with her recovery!! :)
* to my mom for her countless hours of help!! She came to the hospital each day & stayed with Olivia (of course holding her the whole time), so I could go home & shower!!! Then, she stayed overnight with the kids, so Shayne could go to work (just for a half-shift)!! We love you both & are so thankful for all you do for us!!! :)
* and last but not least - to Shayne for being a great dad to the other kids & taking such great care of them!! I love you lots!!!

6 comments:

Sione and Britni Fa said...

Oh my gosh! Those pictures are so sad...poor little baby. So glad she's ok now & still cute as ever. :)

hansen family said...

So glad she's home!! She looked so dang cute in her little cage =)

Duncan Family said...

wow tiffany quite the week for you!
I guess the mom is coming out in me again, this got me teary eyed :( . I am glad to hear that she is getting better. Remember if you ever need a sitter call us.

Priceless Heritage said...

Ohhhh- Tiff so sorry! I hope she is feeling better! You don't need to come over :) You can keep up with my baby over blogger :) I'm thinking of not ever leaving my house this cold/flu season. Too many yucky bugs!

xraymomma said...

Im a nerd I am practically crying over here! Must be some dust in the air that got into my eye or something!

Tina ♥ said...

I'm so sorry you guys had to go through that! I've been there before a few times when Ally was a baby, and it's NOT fun! She still looks adorable in the pictures. I swear, you have some cute kids!! Anyways, I am glad she is feeling better now!