Friday, December 26, 2008

Over Already???

Man, I can't believe that Christmas has come & gone already!! Christmas is my favorite holiday, but it always seems to fly by!! :( However, we had a great December & Christmas!!
Our Christmas got off to a great start with a visit to THE SNOW & a ride on the POLAR EXPRESS!!! We went up Sunday, with Shayne's family, played in the snow & then (after defrosting), checked in to our hotel in Williams. After changing, we ate dinner & then got in line to board the train! The kids were so excited when they saw the train coming!! We got on the train, had hot chocolate & cookies, sang songs, read the Polar Express, and visited "The North Pole" - - - and guess who got on the train...... yep - the big man himself.... SANTA!!! The kids were so excited!! Unfortunately, Hunter didn't quite last that long!! :( He crashed before that & didn't wake up until the ride was over!! :( (He still got his bell though!) :) It was kinda funny, because Santa looked at me & said, "Are you in a 'family way'?" At first I didn't know what he was talking about, but then I realized he was trying to ask if I was pregnant & be polite at the same time! So, of course I said yes, and he said, "well then, I think you'll need this for later", and gave me a bell for the baby!!! :) --Cute!!
**Eating snow - Hunter couldn't get enough!! :)

(** Last 3 pictures: Noah went with Shayne to Flagstaff, so he wasn't in these! :( This snowy mountain on our way home!)
Well, the next morning, we woke up to very sad news. Hugo's, (Shayne's brother-in-law), mom had passed away & he had left in the middle of the night to drive to California. We are all so very sorry for his loss & are thoughts & prayers continue to be with his family. After breakfast, Shayne drove Elena to Flagstaff to get a rental car, and then we all headed home. It was a toasty 28 degrees on the way home, and snowing!! We had a great time & we thank Deb & Rudy for a great trip!!

On Christmas Eve, we went to see Isabela in her play at church (which she did a great job in), and then headed over to Nana & Tata Martinez's for some delicious food - tamales, rice, beans & tortillas..... it doesn't get much better than that!! :) While driving home, the kids heard on the radio that Santa had been spotted & their eyes about popped out of their heads!! They were so excited!!! I just dread the day they stop believing!! :(
On Christmas morning, Noah was up first, and we had to wake up the other 2 at 7! I thought for sure that they'd all be up at 6!! (Which was fine, because we got to sleep in a little!!) :) Santa brought Madelyn & Noah a rocker for watching tv or playing video games, and a Wii game each -don't have a Wii, but told them we could play them at Rudy's on his Wii -will make sense later! :) Hunter got a Lightening McQueen beanbag chair, Kung Foo Panda, and a Transformer helmet (with voice changer)! :) They also got a bunch of other gifts from Shayne & I!! Next, (round 2 for gifts), we went to my mom's for our annual Christmas breakfast! We opened MORE gifts & had a good time visiting!! After that, it was round 3, and went to Shayne's parents for even more gifts!! By this time, the kids had received 3 Wii games & were excited, but kinda confused! (Not to mention a little bugged to find out that Isa had gotten a Wii from Santa!!) So.... they open their presents at Rudy's & lo & behold - - they got a Wii!!! :) They were soooooo excited!!! :) We all got so many wonderful gifts that our trunk was packed as we headed home!! (Not to mention the many gift cards we received!!) We were truly blessed this year & kinda felt a little guilty for receiving so many great things!! Thank you everyone!!
1. Kids in their new chairs 2. Madelyn getting her badly wanted "Pixos" 3. Hunter's helmet
4. Noah & his badly wanted "Martian Matter" 5. Madelyn so excited for her HSM on ice ticket
6. Opening gifts @ Grama & Papa's
7. Getting the Wii @ Rudy & Deb's (Hunter loved the bubble wrap more!) 8. Hunter enjoying Rudy's massage chair 9. While Shayne & Noah played the Wii, Madelyn dressed up like her new book - Fancy Nancy!

4 comments:

Tina ♥ said...

It did go so fast!! I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas.... cute pictures. I really like your family picture in the snow. Madelyn looks cute in her fancy nancy outfit, too! Happy New Year!!

Lori said...

What a great December! Think that is awesome you got to go do the Polar Express! You have such a neat family! We are so blessed to of had you and Shayne as Cole's nursery leaders, thanks! Have a happy New Year!

Wooden Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in the snow and at Polar Express. I want to do that with Capri when she gets older.

Kara said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! It did go by way too fast, I'm still listening to Christmas music cuz I don't want it to be over. :(
I never got to tell you how much I loved your Christmas card! It was so cute! Loved the layout and the black and white. Very nice.