Well, once again.... it's been a while!! :( I used to be on top of things, but lately I seem to be a little behind!! This last week was a little busy, yet again, so no time to blog! I'm just gonna give another (sort-of) brief update!!
On Thanksgiving, we went to my aunt's house for breakfast (a family tradition, going back to forever!!), out in Maricopa. We had fun visiting with everyone & were really blessed that the rain came before & after, but not during our visit!!! :) After that, we headed to Shayne's parents house for dinner. (The kids & I did all this - Shayne had to work!!) :( We had a nice time visiting & the kids had fun playing with cousins all day!! We were going to make a 3rd stop - this time to visit Shayne at the station, but he wasn't really feeling well, and told me not to worry about stopping by!! (Made it easier on me, but the kids were really looking forward to it!!) :(
On Friday, Shayne got off work & hit some of the stores for the "Black Friday" deals!! I tried to tell him just to let me do it, but he thought it would be better for him, being that he was already out!! Needless to say, he was practically hyperventilating when he was done!!!! He HATES shopping with crowds & did not enjoy this experience!!! :) That afternoon, we went to my mom's for our annual "day-after-Thanksgiving" dinner! We had another fun visit with lots of family!!! :)
On Saturday, we went to yet another one of my aunt's homes & this time had fun decorating a cookie train!! We had such a good time!! (Of course, Shayne was WORKING!!)
Tonight, we went to dinner at Rustler's Rooste, to celebrate Shayne's mom & twin sister's 60th birthdays!!!! We had a (quite costly) nice dinner & cake, but the kids mostly enjoyed the big indoor slide!!! :) Then, on the way home, we stopped for gas & I told the kids that the baby was really moving around! They both (Hunter was sleeping) wanted to feel it, so they each took a turn & were so excited to feel her kicking for the 1st time!!!! Then, when Shayne got back in the car, he felt her move for the 1st time!!! So exciting!! :)
Another fun, action-packed week in the Martinez home!!! :)
2 comments:
What a busy long holiday weekend! We had fun last night! I like your background. Looks like you are going to have another few more busy weekends coming up! See you guys soon. Friday to be exact:-)
WOW! And I thought our Thanksgivings were busy with 2 families! Sounds like you had a great time all weekend! Too bad Shayne had to work so much. :( The part about him shopping and hyperventilating cracked me up cuz it sounds just like what Chris would do. Actually I don't think he would go in the first place, even if I was prego and had specific things I wanted. Shayne's so sweet. :)
Post a Comment