Monday, November 3, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

What a long, emotional, busy, hyper week!! Phew! Glad it's over!!! Last Tuesday, we went to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat & had a pretty good time! (The kids & I were basically on our own, being that everyone Shayne talked to, asked about his hunting trip & so he was never with us!!) Madelyn was an Egyptian, Noah was "Abducted by an Alien", and Hunter was a Ghostbuster - Egon, who is his favorite!! They got tons of candy & that was just the beginning!! :)

On Friday, the kids had a Literary parade at school & they had to dress up as a book character. Well, being that I had already spent weeks making 3 costumes, I didn't really have much interest (or energy) to make 2 more, so we went with simple!! :) Since Madelyn was Cat in the Hat last year, Noah wore it this year, and Madelyn was the mouse from "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"!! They both looked quite cute! :) Hunter & I went & spent time in each of their classrooms! By the time we left, Hunter had eaten 2 cupcakes and a cookie - then we went to the bank & he got a sucker!!! :) After the kids got out of school, we met Tasha & her kids, and Delanie & her kids at Sonic to take advantage of their 25 cent corndogs!! :) Eventhough we had to wait a while, we had a good time! Thanks for joining us guys!! :)

Friday evening, we went to my mom's for dinner & then to trick-or-treat!! (We were going to stay in our neighborhood, but considering we have no neighbors, we decided not to!!) :) The kids had so much fun & got even more candy!! By the last house, Hunter said, "Mom, I got enough candy!" We went back to my mom's, changed, had a quick visit with Jeff, Susan & Dex, and then headed home - all of us ready for bed!! :)
Too much candy; Noah, Madelyn (making a goofy face), Hunter (wanted to wear glasses like Egon), and Gage; Hunter & Madelyn. Chloe was Wonder Woman & looked really cute, but she was taking a while getting ready, so I didn't get a picture of her!! :(
On Saturday, we were up early & dropped our kids of at Rudy & Deb's, so Shayne & I could go to the funeral. It was such a nice funeral. Very sad, but nice. Our hearts go out to all of the Figs - we love you all!!!
Saturday night, Shayne's captain had a BBQ for his crew, at his house. We were only home for 2 hours & headed back "into town"! We had a good time! We picked up the kids (this time at my mom's), and headed home - exhausted once again!! Thanks to both of our parents for all your help this weekend!!! :)
I'd like to say that this week will be less busy, but we all know that's not true!! :) I can handle anything after Wednesday!!! That's the big day - we find out if we'll be painting PINK or BLUE!! :) :)

4 comments:

hernandezfam said...

We love your costumes guys!! They are so good. Hunter with those glasses on looks just like Egon. Now Isa wants to watch that movie. I know she is deprived she has never seen Ghostbusters!! What a busy week Tiff. I also loved the Cat in the Hat and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie costumes. Those were very good. See you guys soon. Cant wait for the BIG news tomorrow and I am not talking about the election results :-)

Sione and Britni Fa said...

Wow! You are one busy lady. I have no idea how you find the time to do what you do & be so creative all the time! You make us other moms look bad. :)

Kara said...

Wow, your week of Halloween parties sounds a lot like ours! Too much fun and too much candy! I'm glad Halloween is over with too. Can't wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

Kara said...

btw, I love your kids' costumes! You did a great job!!