Saturday, November 22, 2008

Long Time, No Post! :)

Ok, so it's been a really long time (well, long for me anyway) since I've updated the blog - sorry, busy once again!!! :) This past week has been consumed with the boutique!! Now, if you saw the few items that I made, you would have thought I was crazy for spending all week on just a few things - - however, each product was quite time consuming!!! :) Well, today was the big day & not as profitable (sp??) as I would have liked, but lots of fun!!! I had a good time visiting & laughing with my cousins & sister all day - thanks guys!! :) Just fyi - we are hoping to have another boutique in 2 weeks, this time in Gilbert...... more details to come!!! :)


Well, I guess I'll give a (sorry, tried to be brief) update on our lives over the past week:
-Well, most importantly, we had a second ultrasound! My dr. was a little concerned about the pictures from the 1st ultrasound & wanted to get better pictures. I chose not to post this info or even tell anyone, because the dr. told me not to worry, they see this all the time & most always it's nothing! The baby actually had cysts in her brain - I KNOW, SCARY! - however, the dr. was not worried, so I didn't want to make a big deal & tell everyone until we knew all the details!! So, long story-short, after a VERY stressful week for Shayne & I - we had the second ultrasound & everything is FINE!!! :) I guess this so common that they have actually printed up a hand-out describing this & it says that the cysts ALWAYS (yes, in capital letters) go away!! Within the one week from the 1st to the 2nd ultrasound, they had already started going away & they only found 1 the second time!!! They said that this will gone within the next week or so!! (Thanks Cory & Shayne for the great blessing beforehand!!!) :) Even though the ultrasound was great, the experience was not!!! I was laying down for 30 minutes with the tech rubbing the thing on my stomach & I started to feel hot & sick! :( Needless to say, she left the room & I threw-up - yuck!!! I guess people get sick a lot, due to being on their back for a long time while pregnant - quite embarrassing I must say!! So, to make an even longer story short, ..... the lady comes back in & finishes (yes, she took more pictures!! - over 100 in all!!!!) The coolest part was that she did half in 3-D, gave me 2 DVD's, tons of pictures, and ----- it's still a GIRL!!! :)

-Last weekend, the kids & I spent the night with my mom & went to the Gilbert Days parade!

-Shayne went hunting with his dad & they BOTH scored!!! YEAH!! Wish I could say this means he's done for a while, but guess that's not the case!! :( The kids & I had a nice 5-day bonding event - yes, I have earned myself another scrapbook night - or 3!!! :)

2 comments:

hansen family said...

So excited that everything's OK!!!! I can't wait to meet her!! Congrats Shayne on your catch or kill whatever it's called.

xraymomma said...

I am so happy everything is ok with that sweet baby in your tummy. You and her are always in my prayers even though we didn't know what was going on, God is good!
Yay! for Shayne, thats awesome for him. I will brag for him to Jason. Miss you, sorry the boutique didnt make u millions, I wanted to go but instead was wiping a snotty nose all day. :-)