Monday, August 25, 2008

Telling the Kids



When we told the kids our big news, I made some cookies & we had them for a treat after dinner. We were all sitting at the table & I told thed kids to look at the cookies & tell me what they think about them. Well, Madelyn said, "It looks like a baby shower......... are we gonna have a baby shower???" I tried to keep asking questions to get them to catch on, but no luck! So, finally, I just said, "Well, we're trying to tell you that we're gonna have a baby!!" Madelyn was so excited! She was bouncing in her seat & just so happy!! Noah, on the other hand, said, "Well, when I finish this cookie, can I have another one??" --Obviously you can see what he was worried about!! :) Then there was Hunter!! Let's just say he's the least excited out of the three! When I asked him if he wanted Mommy to have a baby, he frowned & said, "NO!! I'm sitting by Daddy!!!" Needless to say, he's not too excited!! Now, when I ask him if he wants me to have a baby, he says, "No - I don't like them!!" (I'm sure, - - well, I HOPE - -with time, he'll come around!!) :)

5 comments:

hansen family said...

LOVE IT!!!!!! Everytime I think of it I laugh!!! Typical boy to only think of food =)This is a perfect age for Bubbs to be when you have this baby, she can be your little live-in nanny.

Wooden Family said...

That is so cute! You are so talented. I need just a fraction of your talent.

hernandezfam said...

Tiffany, Sharilynn wanted to make sure I told you congratulations!!! Also just wondering if you are going to change your email to martinezsix now :-) talk to you soon.

Kara said...

Hunter is so cute!! Only a boy.... :) Ava still wants to be Mia's mommy. He'll come around once he sees his cute little baby brother or sister. Noah sounds just like Isaac... all about the sweets! :) And I'm sure Madelyn will be a great helper when the baby comes. I love having Cam and Maddy (and Isaac for that matter, although I can only ask the older 2 to actually hold the baby) around to help. Love the cute cookies!! Where do you find the time and energy to do all the fun things you do??? You must not sleep much. ;)

sasmithfam said...

Tiffany- it's April Smith. I found your blog from Kara's. I just had to say congratulations. That is so awesome! Typical boy with Noah and wanting more and also with Hunter. Do you think he understands that he might be displaced as the baby baby. I am sure Madelyn is totally thrilled. Brynlee loves looking after the little ones especially Brielle who just turned one. Can't believe that. It goes by so quickly. I hope everything goes well for you and you don't feel too sick. Or, are you one of "those people" that don't get sick? :) I also loved the cookie idea. So talented. We just tell our kids the "boring" way. :)