Ok - so THIS is the last post for Noah this month!! :) I just realized that I didn't blog about Pinewood Derby, so wanted to real quick!! :)
Pinewood Derby has been something that Shayne & I (more so "I") have stressed about for a year!!! Last year, we were asked to "help out", so that we could be in charge this year!!! Yikes!! Well, a few months ago, we were told that we were going to "divide up the work" so that no one has to do it all!! Can you say RELIEF!!?? :) Phew!! I made the awards (super simple), ordered the ribbons, Shayne & I set up the chairs an hour early, paid the Derby people & reserved the track for next year, and Shayne helped place the cars on the track for each race!! At the Derby, I had to fill out the awards & help the MC hand them out. Super simple, right!?? :) I was so stressed out until we were driving home!! I was so afraid that something would go wrong & that it would be my fault!!! So - now that we've done it this year. . . yep. . . we're technically "in charge" next year!!! :( However, now that I know it's not as bad when you split up the work - - I won't sweat it!! ;)
On to the Derby!!! :) So, for anyone that might not know - Shayne's
testing for Captain!!! This is a multi-step promotion process!! So -
basically, his "free-time" to work on the Derby car was non-existent!! I
think he literally worked on it like twice!!! :) We were just hoping
that it would make it down the ramp & not stop before it was
supposed to!! ;) Well. . . you can imagine our excitement when Noah
won SECOND PLACE!!!!! :) (He should have won 1st place due to issues
with the 1st place car - but we're not being petty. . . we're good
sports!!!) ;) ;) He only missed 1st by a THOUSANDTH of a second!!!!!
SOOOO close!!! :/ Way to go Noah (and Shayne ;)!!!
There's a great company we paid to come set up the track! They have an awesome computer set up that records time, prints out times for each race, and tells you who is up each time!!! Sooo nice!!! :) I'm so mad that I didn't take a picture of the track!! One of the leaders did, so I'm going to see if I can get a copy!!!
Noah's car: "Jaws' Revenge"
You can't see his name very well - but it's up there!! ;)
Noah, getting ready to push "the button"!! ;)
SECOND PLACE!!! Woo hoo!!! ;)
Being that the Derby was on the 17th & Noah's bday was the 16th - he got to go as a Bear!! :)
1 comment:
you sure have one cute family! congrats to Noah!!
Post a Comment