Our little ladybug turned three yesterday!!! Can't believe it!! :( She is a little squirt, but growing quickly!! We had both of our families over for cake & ice cream - nothing fancy, but Olivia was so excited!! She is obsessed with Olivia - the show - so you can imagine our (mostly MY ;) excitement when we walked into Party City & found Olivia themed birthday stuff!! Actually, they only had a few things at first, but the lady at the store told us that they'd be getting more stuff soon! So, of course, (and because I start planning party ideas way in advance!! ;), we checked back (often) until they got more!! :) If you've ever tried to find this stuff, you know that you can hardly find it anywhere!! They sell Olivia toys at Toys R Us or online - ONLY! They used to sell some at Target, and for some reason, before I needed it, they quit!! :( Go figure! You can find the books everywhere, but toys & party goods - only online!! So long story short - we were excited!! ;)
A little about Olivia at 3:
* loves to talk - - and usually loudly! ;) Told me today as I had the camera out - "Don't take a picture of me, cuz I'm kinda grungy!!" ;)
* LOVES to watch "my shows" as she calls just about every show on Nick Jr.!! Her top 3 favorites are - Olivia, Peppa Pig, and Blue's Clues. After every show's over, she tells me, "Another show's coming on next!" Well, duh!! There'd be "another" show on all day if I kept the tv on!!! ;)
* She weighs right about 30 lbs. (Hasn't been weighed that recently)
* loves to "do preschool"! She gets irritated if I have her just do sorting activities or something "simple"! She thinks she has to do a worksheet or cut, color & glue to be "real preschool"!! Some days I actually have to say no to preschool!! ;)
* she loves to play with the other kids, but plays really well by herself!! (Which is quite nice!! ;)
* LOVES to shop!! I've created a monster!! She asks me every day - "What store are we going to today??" :) And - if we're looking at clothes - she likes me to put the cart next to the rack, so she can look through the clothes too!! ;)
* loves going to nursery!!
* always tells us about her class at school - totally imaginary! ;) She has a teacher named Ms. Snell - coincidentally the same as Hunter's teacher's name! ;) And she has a few "friends" with the same names as the other kids' friends!! ;)
We love our Livie-Lou & so thankful she's in our family!!! Happy birthday, Sweet Girl!!! xoxoxo
We had pink lemonade & red velvet cupcakes, strawberry & vanilla ice cream, "Olivia" popcorn (popcorn w/ red chocolate) and a few other treats! (Like I said, nothing fancy! ;)
Olivia & her buddy, "Cruzer" - she never says "Cruz" - it's always "Cruzer"!! ;) - - (So bummed that the cup was in front of his face!!! :(
Diego
Showing off some of her Olivia stuff!!
We played "Pin the Bow on Olivia & (my) Olivia couldn't wait!
Isa
Such a lucky little girl!! She was so thrilled with all of her gifts!! Thank you so much to our great families for coming to spend the evening with us!! Love you all!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment