Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Off To School!!

Is it just me, or has this been the longest summer ever??? Well, the big day finally came!! The kids are back to school!! Noah started SECOND grade & Madelyn's in FOURTH!! Can't believe it - they're getting so old!! :( They're at a new school, (again), and Madelyn was a little nervous - but not Noah - he was excited!! Most of Madelyn's nerves were due to being in 4th - she's not ready to be with the "older" kids - having a HUGE binder, having HUGE textbooks, and get this . . . walking home!! :0 The school is literally one street away, so I've decided that I'll be walking to meet them 1/2 way this year! I guess that being 9 1/2 & 7, I can give them the freedom of walking across the street to meet me!! ;)

As we were walking on the playground to find Madelyn's line, Noah put his arm around her & said, "Don't worry, you'll make new friends!!" It was quite cute!! :) Noah was wanting to go play on the playground & Madelyn wanted me to stay by her! I'm sure she'll be coming home with stories of new friends & boys that like her!! :) (Roxxi - you thought Kindergarten was hard - - just wait!!!) ;)



We were so hot from being outside, (it was already 102 degrees @ 9am!!), that we just had to get a drink!! Olivia just had to have her "eyeth" (ice)!! ;)

1 comment:

Triumph and Roxxi said...

i must be emotional cause i got teary eyed just thinking about her. It has to be hard to start a new school. Poor girl. Of course they all look adorable, even Miss Olivia, and it wasn't even her first day.