Well, it has finally come - - the long-awaited first day of school!! Woo-hoo!! :) Today Madelyn started 3rd grade & Noah started 1st!! :( -Can't believe it!! So the day was great! We all got up & got ready on time, Shayne took a few hours off to take the kids to school with me, and we were off! Had to park a block away from the school & walk, but no biggie! We made it to school in plenty of time to get the kids out to the playground & into their lines. Every thing went great! Shayne went to work & Hunter, Olivia & I had a nice, quiet day grocery shopping & relaxing at home!! Well, the one thing that the kids were excited about with having to switch schools, was the BUS!! (Yes, get ready for the drama!!) So it was 3:35 & the 2 kids & I head out the door to go wait at the bus stop! (I had drilled Madelyn on the cross streets for the stop, just incase, and had also told her that she would see me standing there to know when to get off!!!) So, we find a shady spot to park the car & walk to wait at the bus stop! The bus was supposed to arrive at 3:49 - and about 4:05, we see the bus coming... finally!! I get my camera out, snap a picture of the bus coming & am ready for the "coming off the bus" shot! Well, one kid after the next gets off the bus until there aren't any more- - - -MY KIDS WERE NOT ON THE BUS!!!! Ok, so I kinda panic, but try to stay calm! I tell the bus driver that my kids weren't on the bus & she calls the bus depot (or whom ever) & is trying to track them down!! In the mean time, traffic is backing up, so she pulls over & lets everyone pass! Well, this lady pulls up & says, "excuse me, but are you Tiffany Martinez??" I run over there & say yes, then she tells me that my kids got off at the wrong stop & are waiting in her friend's yard!!! --WHAT?? I was relieved, scared, and laughing all at the same time!! So this nice lady tells me that Madelyn knew she wasn't supposed to get into the car with strangers, so she didn't want to ride with her, but she knew her home number, so the lady tried calling my house, then came looking for me!!! She waited for me to pack up the kids & told me to follow her to the house! Well I get there & sure enough, there they are all red & sweaty, waiting outside!! After thanking the ladies about 10 times, we headed home!! :) After having them safely with me, I immediately thought about last night - Shayne always gives the kids a blessing before the new school year & so he did that last night. Well, in Madelyn's blessing, he mentioned choosing the right & making good choices, and also blessed her to always be safe. She knew not to ride with strangers, remembered her bus stop cross streets & home phone #!! Aint that a co-inkydink??? :) At least the school day was better than the ride home!! :)
Ready for the day! (Hunter trying to do a peace sign - like always! He thinks it means "two", but not sure why he always trys to do it!!) :)
The Augusta Ranch Rattlers!!
Noah going in to class!!
Here comes the bus . . . . . without my kids!!!
Two hot & sweaty, but safe, kiddos!! :)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh!! Scary but glad Madelyn knew what to do. Wow! Maybe she should memorize ur cell number :-)I am glad they had a good day at school.
Wow what a day!! I'm so glad that they had a good day and most of all that they are safe!!! Thank goodness for fathers blessings! =)They both looked so cute, by the way I love Hunters peace sign.
Good for Madelyn...I'll never forget when I went on the wrong bus when I was in 1st grade...Traumatizing. Scary for the Mom, huh? Glad they had a first day. Hope you and the other 2 had fun...We'll have to meet for lunch now that I just have 1 at home!!
Post a Comment