Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Already???!!!

Well, it's official...... My kids are growing up!! :( The other day, Madelyn came home & asked if she could call her friend. Well, after debating for a minute, I gave in. (I know how irritating it was last year to have tons of kids calling our house, so I don't want her to be like that!!) Anywho - a few minutes later, I walked over by her room & this is what I heard: "What are we gonna do if he tries to chase us tomorrow??" The conversation went on, but that's about all I can remember! She comes home, just about every day, telling us about "Brendan" & some other boys that like her!! After talking to Shayne, we both remember "liking" people in 3rd & 4th grade!! GREAT!! She's too young for this stuff! Why can't she just play Barbies or something!!?? I know it only gets worse from here, but I guess I just thought I'd have a few more years!!! :(

Noah had his first spelling test on Friday, and got 100% + 2 bonus points!! He loves school & is doing great! His teacher said he is always doing what he's supposed to, turns in his work on time, and only talking "a little" in class!! :) - - Like I said in kindergarten... I guess I'd rather have him (if I HAD to choose) giving me his behavior problems & not to his teacher!!
**Apparently I don't have any new pictures of Noah, so I'll have to take some & post them tomorrow!! :(

Hunter has become quite the whiz on the computer!! He can turn it on, open up his own desktop, and get to his favorite sites!! (I made him shortcuts, but still, he can do it all on his own!!) He also knows how to turn the channel to "On Demand" so we can watch Blue's Clues 5 x's a day!! My crazy, Ghostbuster-obsessed child!!! :) - **Those are weights he made out of apples & a straw, while eating lunch!!! :)


As for our little princess - well, she just changes every day!! Besides the cereal, she has now tried applesauce & LOVES it!! She gets a little irritated if I walk away before she's done!! :) She's not quite 6 months, but already wanting to crawl!! She pulls her knees up & squirms around when she's on her stomach!! (And if she's on her back, she quickly flips over to her stomach!!) I know everyone says it, but it seems like she was just born yesterday!! :( I'm trying to savor each moment, but dang they're flyin' by!!!!

2 comments:

hansen family said...

Oh, my gosh, where to start??? How sad, Bubbs is getting to old. She can't start talking on the phone then soon she'll want to call boys!!! You better just lock Olivia up and don't let her out =)

Kara said...

Hey TIffany! Its so crazy to see our kids grow up isn't it? I can just picture Madelyn running away from boys on the playground. Madison hasn't talked about that yet, but she definitely has had boys she has liked... since kindergarten! Thank goodness none have been a very big deal. So it seems like your kids are liking their new school and making lots of friends, thats great!
Ava loves to go on my computer too... her favorite shortcut is for Dora.... she and Mia are obsessed with Dora. Ava loves to play with my phone too cuz there are games on there... she can do stuff on there that I don't even know how to do! She also loves to control the remote and turn Dora on 24 hrs a day. Thank goodness for TIVO I guess. :/
Olivia is getting so big and still as beautiful as ever!