Last week, our week started off down-hill Sunday morning. We went to church & just before sacrament was over, I got a text to respond "asap". So, as we find out, Shayne's cousin, Ashley was killed in a car accident early that morning. She was only 20 years-old, driving with a friend (who was speeding) down a dirt road, and they were both ejected. The driver survived (in critical condition), but unfortunately Ashley did not. This was very hard on all of Shayne's family, but his grandparents took it exceptionally hard - -they BOTH ended up in the hospital last week! They are out now, and slowly getting better!!
Friday night, there was a viewing held & Shayne went, while I stayed home with the kids. On Saturday, we took the kids to my mom's & Shayne & I went to the funeral. We all love Ashley & will miss her! However, we know that we will get to see her again someday!
We left my mom's on Saturday & headed home. We check the mail & open it in the garage. Well, Shayne opens up a nice photo-radar ticket!!! No traffic school option - just a fine!!! LOVELY! So, we go inside, only to see water all over our kitchen floor!!! Apparently, our water line to our fridge (ice maker/purified water) sprung a leak!! So, Shayne goes to Home Depot & spends the rest of the night fixing the water line!!! - - When it rains, it pours.....literally!!! :(
The nicest part of our week was on Friday - we went to see High School Musical on Ice!! We gave Madelyn (and Isabela) a ticket for Christmas, and after waiting FOREVER, the day finally came!! We went with Tasha & Chloe, but were also grouped with most of the Figs!! (Thanks again, Cris, for getting us a great deal!!) :) We had a good time! Didn't get too many good pictures, but had fun non the less!! :)
Glad that week is over & hope that this one's better!! (Tried to help out the community yesterday & pick up trash on our family walk - - ended up bringing home a stray dog that someone found & asked us if we wanted it! Apparently she was gonna let him go because she couldn't take it home!! - With Shayne's love for dogs, he couldn't say no!! He was a very pretty American Bulldog, but would not do well with Lilo!! So, Shayne drove to CASA GRANDE to take him to the pound today!! - FUN!!) So, now, not that I'm expecting pitty by any means, but remember.... just when you think you've got it bad.... someone else has it worse!!! :) (And I'm glad that nothing else went wrong last week - I just might have run away!!) :)
6 comments:
YUCK! I am so sorry about your week, everything seems to hit in numbers doesn't it? I am sorry about the loss of Shayne's cousin, 1989 is way to young to have moved on, but of course, God's plan was different than ours for her.
I think we need to improve your week by doing some scrapbooking! Let me know if any days work for you, since my dad is jobless he has offered to watch the kids (how sad for him :) good for us!) Your in my prayers!
That is a pretty crappy week. I'm glad that we could go with you guys and have fun on friday. Tell Shayne not to feel bad about the photo radar ticket because I got one two weeks ago also! =)Hope the next few weeks are lots better.
So sorry to hear about your week. Tell Shayne how sorry we are about his cousin. That is terrible. Wish you would have told us about the great HSM deal...We went Thurs. because I gave Sadie tickets for her b-day. She LOVES HSM...I did not get any deal which figures. Hope your week is better this week! Hang in there! We have to do something fun soon...before the baby!!
Love,
Q
wow what a week. Sorry to hear about Shane's cousin. Heard HSM was pretty fun. Eternity told me I was not invited. How is Diego. Have not seen him in awhile. Hope your week is better
So sorry for a terrible week. Those weeks usually follow with great ones. Sorry about Shayne's cousin too. Shows on ice are so fun- I use to go to all of the Disney on ice when I was young. I'll probably start taking Kendel next year. Anymore strays follow you home? Maybe that black one we saw- I don't know how you can be so calm around them. I can't stand strays. Hope your feeling better. I second the scrapbooking! I need out girls!
Sorry things have been going bad lately. High School Musical on Ice looked so cool!
Post a Comment