Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall Break!!


Can't believe that I'm actually posting about Fall Break - at the end of Fall Break & not 2 months later!!!  ;)  Other than taking pictures, the first 1/2 of our week was spent getting ready for our camping trip!!  We spent Thursday - Sunday in BEAUTIFUL Fall weather!!  I think the high was around 70 & the low got down into the 30's I believe!!  We got to see green, yellow, orange, red & brown leaves!  So fun to show the kids what Fall is!!  :)  This was a great trip!!  We got to see deer (Mule & White Tail), lots of squirrels, a dead fox & skunk, a Blue Jay, and a tarantula!!  :) 
















 Making s'mores!!






Going squirrel hunting!  I'm pretty sure Shayne used that as an excuse to be able to "scout around" - but whatever - the kids loved it!! ;)  (Check out the tarantula they saw!!!)


















We took a drive to the fish hatchery - it was pretty cool!





















Some of the deer we saw:













We drove through Young & went (a very long 50 miles ;) to a beautiful apple orchard.  We called it the "enchanted forest" because it was so beautiful & there were so many trees & vines!!  :)
The creek crossed the road & you actually have to drive through it!!  The orchard was huge & beautiful - however, we were bummed that there were NO apples!!!  :(














Madelyn was in heaven - - she said she would love to be a nature photographer & just couldn't get enough of the scenery!!  I'll have to see if I can upload some of the pictures she took!!  ;)  The road to the orchard was beautiful - however, it was a tiny, narrow road & I was bummed that I couldn't get out & take pictures - without hiking around, that is! ;)

On the way home, we stopped for lunch & what does Hunter do???  He loses a tooth!!!  His 8th tooth!!!  ;)

What a great trip!! :)

No comments: