Friday, August 31, 2012

Back To School!!

So excited for back to school!!!  :)  Don't get me wrong - I love my kids. . . . but summer was far too long!!!  I mean, come on - - what the heck are you supposed to do in 120 degrees??  You can only play in the water/swim so much - - and even that gets hot!!!  I think we did pretty good at staying busy this summer, but the kids were still "bored" long enough!!  With that said, I'm glad school has started once again!!  ;)


Madelyn's in 6th grade this year!!  She is going to have quite the busy year!!  She is playing the violin for the 2nd year & doing great;  she is the student council rep for her class; she is a "butterfly buddy" (helps maintain the butterfly habitat at McQueen Park, next to the school); she is a Student Ambassador again; she has Activity Day twice a month; she will be playing soccer starting this month; and she will be going to Science Camp this month!!!  Phew!!  And that's just ONE kid!!  ;)


Noah is in 4th grade!!  This year, the 4th graders started switching classes!!  He rotates between 3 classrooms, having one as his "homeroom".  Every 4th grader has their own schedule!!  He was so excited when he found out that his 2nd grade teacher has moved up to 4th & that he was in her class again!!  He's learning early in the year that organization is key!!  (Already received 2 "late" slips for work that was forgotten at home & one ZERO for a lost assignment!!!  :(  Not so good!!  However, he's a smart kid & I'm sure he'll get the hang of things!!  (Especially if he loses video games for another week!!  ;) Noah has scouts once a week & will be starting flag football this month!!

Hunter is in 1st grade!!  He was excited to go back to school & see all of his friends!!  He really likes his teacher!  She's a cute blonde with a Texas accent!!  ;)  He has great handwriting & is doing great in reading and math!!  He is still obsessed with drawing!!  He draws before & after school - sometimes he'll wake up about 6 am & draw in bed!!  ;)  He goes to Young Rembrandts (a drawing class) once a week, after school & loves it!  (He went last year too!!)  He also loves "sculpting" things with clay!!  He makes very tiny, very detailed sculptures!!  ;)  He is quite the artist!!  :)



Olivia is in her second year of preschool - - (she will get about 3 years in before kindergarten!!  ;) - - and she just can't get enough!!  She LOVES preschool!!  She keeps me busy, that's for sure!!  She thinks that she needs to do about 50 pages of work in order for it to be a successful day!!  ;)  We're either gonna have to invest in lots of printer ink, or maybe have a few "paperless" days!!  ;)  She is such a feisty little thing!!  Good thing I have her here to keep me on my toes!! ;)





Look at the boy to the right of Hunter - that's his buddy - look how red his cheeks were!!  That was just before 9am on the 1st day!!  It was hot!!!  :(  (Hunter tells me that he likes to pinch his cheeks "cuz they're just so chubby"!! ;)  Such a goofball!!!







I hope I'm able to keep up with all of them this year!!!  (Not that I have much of a choice!! ;)  I know it will only get crazier as they get older, but luckily we're easing into it!!!  ;)

1 comment:

Sione and Britni Fa said...

Cute kids! I can't believe how old they're all getting - it's crazy!