Ok - so I think this will be my last post to catch me up to 2012!! ;) - - Once again, sorry for the 100 pictures!! ;)
I hope that everyone had as great of a Christmas as we did!!! We are truly blessed to have such a great family!! Our kids are so lucky to have so many people that love them & that are so thoughtful towards them!! Like always, we had 3 rounds of "Christmas" - actually, we had 4, counting Christmas Eve!! :) Shayne had to work on Christmas Eve, once again, but the kids & I went to Nana & Tata Martinez's, and enjoyed visiting with everyone, and, of course, enjoyed some of the best food around!! Tamales, tortillas, beans & rice. . . what could be better!!!?? ;) Since all the great-grandkids were there, I took a picture of them with Nana & Tata!! Not the best quality pictures, but it's the only one I've ever taken with both of them!! :)
Once we got home, we set out milk & cookies for Santa, and also left out a sheet! Since Shayne was working, he was bummed that the kids would wake up before he got home & he wouldn't get to see their excitement when they saw what Santa had brought! :( Sooooo. . . being the clever person that I am ( hahaha ;) ;) - - I said I'd leave out a sheet for Santa to cover the gifts with, then we could take the sheet off when he got home!! :)
Santa ate the cookies, drank the milk & left a note!!! :)
Surprise!!! :)
Hooray for Santa!! :)
Sooo excited to get a BB Gun!! :) He also got a camo shirt - it wasn't long before he had it on, along with an orange vest, and was "hunting" in the living room!! ;)
FINALLY!! She asked for a "princess baby" & finally got one!! (Along with a "shopping cart that you can put your baby in"!! ;)
Noah was much more excited that the picture shows, but he got just what he asked for!! :)
Madelyn wanted a microphone & Santa gave her one that she can connect her iPod to & sing along with!! It's actually quite cool!! :)
An "Olivia" car!! She LOVES the show, and was very excited to play with the car & the family! (Mostly William, Olivia's baby brother - every time the show starts & it shows him, she says, "her baby brother's so cute"!! ;)
Madelyn also got a Paper Jamz guitar that she wanted - - she was rockin' out with the guitar & microphone!! :)
This child!! I'm SURE he's the only 6-year-old (boy) that wanted, let alone even knows what this is!!! He has wanted an "organizer" as he calls it, FOR-EVER!! Ya know the info-mercial that shows how you can "organize" your stuff & move it from purse to purse???!! I tried to tell him that he didn't need it, being that he doesn't have a purse, but he was SURE he could use it in his "bag" or backpack!!! ;) He's wanted this for a long time & I found it at Office Max for like $2.50, so I HAD to get it!!! ;)
Madelyn found this costume at the store one day & insisted on buying it (with her own money), for Olivia!! She's such a thoughtful kid!! ;) Olivia was so excited & had to try it on!! :)
After we opened our presents, we headed to church! How awesome it was to be able to go to church on Christmas day!! :)
After church, we went to my mom's for our traditional Christmas breakfast! However, being that we both got out of church at 11:30, it was more like brunch!! (And being that we didn't eat right away, it was more like "linner" - if there is such a thing!! ;) What ever you call it, it was good!! ;)
After my mom's, it was on to visit with Shayne's family!! Rudy made his traditional (delicious) prime rib!! The kids were spoiled, yet again, by even more gifts!! :)
Deb gave them a card that told them to go look in the garage. Well, when they got there, they were excited to find electric scooters!!! They are so fun to ride!! (And yes, I know this because I've tried them out!!! ;)
One of the perks of having a tall dad. . . when you throw a sticky ball to the ceiling & it sticks. . . he can help you get it down!!! :)
Rock Band!!!
And this ends 2011!!! Hope that 2012 brings everyone lots of HEALTH & HAPPINESS!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment