Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween - part 2!!

 Friday night, we went to our ward Trunk-or-Treat & had a great time!!  Shayne was off, FOR ONCE!!, so it was fun having him there!!  The primary was "in charge", so I really didn't relax too much!  :(  (Not that I was sooo busy, but never sat down!!)  And, being that I was helping out, Shayne was enlisted to help as well!!  ;)  He helped set up chairs & tables, then served as a chili judge!!  :)  I made prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place chili, and for 6 categories of costumes, (before hand), so had to help hand those out - - had to help get the food & drinks all set up - - then got to pass out candy!  We had a great turn out - there were over 200 people there!!  :) 

Minnie Mouse!!  ;)  Made her skirt, ears & bow - added the collar & patch to a black shirt!  Easy, but took some time!!  Got the shoes on sale at the Disney Store - 25% off!!!  :)
 
 The Safari Guide! ;)  Such a goon - he found this vest at Goodwill & was dead-set on being a safari guide - or safari "guy" - as he says!!  I didn't want to try & fight him . . . it was simple & one less costume to make!! ;)
 The Queen Bee! ;)  I made the skirt - found the 2 shirts at Goodwill & the wings at the 99 cent store!!  Made the staff from a paper mache ornament, a dowel & left over stuff from my wedding!!  (almost 13 years ago!!!)  ;)  Made the crown out of card stock!!  The whole thing was easy, but time consuming!!  (And no, I didn't sew the shirt crooked - just didn't straighten it out for the picture!!  ;)
 An Alien!  ;)  Made his costume out of a cape we had, added some ribbon & a silver runner I found at Goodwill!!  Then added the same to a black turtleneck (Goodwill) & cut the legs off an old pair of Olivia's tights to make his cap!
Being that I'm such a "mean mom" - I figured Cruella de Ville (sp?) was the perfect character for me!! ;)  Shayne didn't dress up this year! :(  Had I spent more time thinking of a "couple costume", he would have!!  I found a remnant of fabric to be my shawl - didn't even do anything to it!!  I wore a black dress, fishnet hose, heels (brought flip flops to change into, luckily!!), sprayed 1/2 my hair with spray we had, and wore Madelyn's jewels from dance!!!  So simple!!

No comments: