Monday, June 29, 2009

Camping

I know I haven't been updating too often, but we're a tad busy over here!! :) However, we managed to fit in a little camping trip over Father's Day weekend, and I have a few minutes to blog about it!! :)
We started out with good plans of leaving early Friday afternoon, like noon-ish, but after Madelyn's orthodontist appointment, Noah's urgent doctor appointment (ear infection), and my dentist appointment.... it didn't happen as planned! :( Not to mention all the errands we had to run in between!! So, long story short, we got to our camp site at 10 pm!! (Better late than never!) We camped with Shayne's crew & their families. There were about 32 people, counting kids!! We had a good time & the kids had lots of friends to play with! The weather was so nice - only 74 when we came home! Unfortunately, we returned home to 104!! :(

Well, as we were packing up, we had a very traumatic experience.... or should I say Olivia did!! :(
I was undoing the straps on the under side of the trailer, and I sort of forgot she was laying on the bed INSIDE the trailer! ......So..... this bar came down & landed smack on her forehead!! Needless to say, she cried harder than she ever has!! I was practically in tears, feeling like the worst mom ever!! She had an indention on her forehead, and surprisingly, never really got a bruise!! I guess if it had to hit her, that was the best spot for it to hit!! Any lower & it would have busted her nose or lip!!! :( My sweet baby girl had her first traumatic experience on her very first camping trip - - on which she was PERFECT & everyone kept commenting on how good she is!! Hopefully she'll forgive me!! :)

Here are some pictures from the weekend:


4 comments:

Duncan Family said...

how sad - poor little baby! You're still a good mom! Looks like fun - where did you camp?

xraymomma said...

How fun! Looks like Noah and Hunter were surrounded by girls! We are going this weekend (ok me and the kids (with my parents) Jason is working over time to pay for the car he just bought :)

hansen family said...

Poor Baby!! I'm calling CPS!!! hahah. Good thing she's ok.

Martinez Family said...

We camped up past Pine, at Clint's Well - a great area!!