Monday, August 15, 2011

Back To School!!!

Hooray for back to school!!!  ;)  Is it just me, or did this summer seem to take FOR-EVER!!??  I still believe that it would be in the best interest of children (and parents), if school was in session through the summer months & "summer break" took place in the cooler months!!!  Think about it - - kids could play outside all day & have fun!  They wouldn't be bored inside & drive parents crazy!!!! - - just an idea I have!!!  ;)
Anywho - - we started school on the 10th & our days have been great!!  :)  Hunter started kindergarten!!!  Before school started, he told me that he was NOT going to school!  He said he was going to wait in the street all day!!!  (Such a poop!!)  After we went to "Meet the Teacher" night, he got a little excited!  His teacher is very nice - he loved the classroom & was excited to see blocks & Legos!  On the first day, Shayne & I took him to his playground & waited with him until the bell rang.  Let's just say that I wore my sunglasses the whole time!! :(  This was quite hard for me!  I was sad when the other 2 started kindergarten, but Hunter is the only one of the 3 that has been with me ALL day, EVERY day, since he was born!!! :(  (So, needless to say, we were both a little attached to each other!!)  Well, we watched him walk into the hallway & then left!  (I didn't think it would be good for me to go into the classroom!!)  At least HE didn't cry!  :(
As for Noah - he's in THIRD grade!!!  He kinda knew his teacher from last year & said she was nice, so I was happy with that!! :)  On the 1st day, he was excited to see one of his good friends from last year, so he briefly said bye to us & ran off to play!!  - - Guess that's a good thing!!??

Madelyn's in FIFTH grade!!!  She didn't get the teacher she was hoping for, but is happy with the one she got!  :)  She was so excited to go back to school to see all of her friends!  We walked her & Noah out to the playground & once we found her class's "line", she dropped off her backpack, saw her friends & said, "I see my friends - can I go talk to them?"  Uhhh. . . guess the "little" girl's gone!  :(  She gave us a (small) hug & took off running to the field!!  Guess that's a good thing, also??
Well, as for Miss. Olivia - she sure missed the kids the 1st day!!  She must have asked about 10 times, "The kids coming home?" . . . and that was just the 1st HOUR!!  :(  We manage to stay busy while the kids are gone - imagine that!! - so she seems to be enjoying our time together!!  :)

2 comments:

Triumph and Roxxi said...

good for you updating your blog... i love your idea of the breaks. It is so sad to see them go, I am thinking of keeping reign at home an extra year.

Kara said...

Aww, your kids are so big and so cute. I was so glad to get the kids back in school too! Ava started kindergarten this year too... she was sooo ready! She was one of my only ones to have 2 years of preschool so she was super ready... none of that cryin for her either... I was a little sad and so was Mia. But Mia decided she likes having time with "just you and me, Mom!" So fun to see pics of your kids, hope you guys are doin good!