Sunday, June 5, 2011

Recital 2011

FINALLY - - dance is over!!  This was Madelyn's 3rd year of dance, but it seems like this one took forever!!!  Glad she had the opportunity to be on the Power Force Team, but we will never do that again!!!!!  She had a fun time this year, but her teachers were not that friendly!  :(  (I guess they were ok with her, but borderline rude to me!!!)

Her recital was this past Friday & she did great!!!  She was in 4 numbers, with 4 costume changes!!!  The theme was "Dancing Through The Ages", so she had a few "groovy costumes"!  :)  (She loved the go-go boots!!)  There were 49 dances & the recital was 2 1/2 hours long!!!  After having 4 wiggly kids at last year's recital, we got smart this year & had Shayne take Madelyn to dress rehearsal, then I went to the recital!!  (Thanks, Mom for joining me!!)  :)  We're so proud of Madelyn's hard work & the fact that she stuck with it, even when sometimes she didn't want to go!!!  ;)  We love you Madelyn!!!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Kinda a cheesy video, but I didn't realize that I forgot the chip in my camera, so this was all I could record on the camera's memory!!  :(

 Don't know why the backdrop was just '80's - it was supposed to be "Dancing Through The Ages"!!!  Kinda ghetto - - like the studio!!! :(












 I was so bummed that I didn't get a picture of the 1st number!  :(  However - I'm sure if I ask her to dress up again, she won't mind!!!  ;)

1 comment:

Matt and Katelyn said...

Way to go, Madelyn! That's a really long dance recital!!