Thursday, November 18, 2010

What A Day!!!

(Sorry, it's a long one!!!)

So glad that today's (almost) over!!! We started our day out with well-checks for Hunter & Olivia. We knew that they were getting shots so we were prepared. Hunter & I had a deal that I'd give him one dollar for each shot that he got, and then he could use his money to buy a little toy he wanted & a treat! (He was ok with that deal!) ;)

Well, we go to the doctor & all goes well with the check-up. (Ladybug's only in the 25% for height, 20% for weight - 22.14lbs!, and 50% for head!) :) Well, it was time for the shots & I had Hunter go first, because I didn't want him to freak out after seeing Olivia freak out!! :( So, Hunter gets 2 in one arm - - not one peep - - gets 2 in the other arm & says, "OOOWWW!" Not one tear!! Then, he gets a finger poke. Well, the nurse cleans everything up & "accidentally" throws the blood sample away!! - - YEP, she had to poke him AGAIN!!! (And she did it on the same finger, basically in the same spot!!!)

Then it was Olivia's turn. The nurse tells me to take her pants off. I say "in the legs" & she says, "yep". (Last time, they did it in her arms!) She gets 2 shots in one leg & 1 in the other!! :( She more than made up for Hunter's lack of tears!!! :(

Well, the results come back from the blood work & his iron was low. YEP - more needles!! We had to go to a lab & have his blood drawn!!!! This poor boy - he earned every dollar!!! (and 2 suckers from each drs office & an ice cream sandwich!!!) :) He didn't make a peep at the lab - what a trooper!!

So we come home. Well, the garage door opener broke yesterday & I had to wait for the repair man today. However, I get home & realize I didn't have a house key - - never go through the door, always the garage!! Soooo.... had to call Shayne, who was on his way to go hunting (AGAIN!!)! Luckily, he was only on Ellsworth!! Well, we come in, I get Olivia to sleep & start working on my Activity Day project for today. Olivia sleeps a few hours & wakes up crying. She wouldn't move her legs! I couldn't put her down!! If I moved wrong while holding her, she just cried! :( (Stupid nurse!!) I called the dr to kind of tattle, but wanted to make sure I could request "in the arm" next time! Duh - should have been more motherly & done it today!! :( Well, we had AD here today, and basically Olivia cried on & off the entire time!! Not fun!! However, of course, after it was over, she was feeling great & happy!! NICE! Well, to finish off the evening, she eats a plum while I'm making dinner, and apparently, ate the seed!!! I couldn't find it anywhere!! She didn't choke, cough, etc! She was sitting at my feet & by the time I realized she was done, she was playing with a toy!! I searched the trash & the family room but couldn't find it!! Hope it doesn't hurt when it comes out!!! :(

Now it's late & I'm ready for bed! I hope she sleeps well tonight! I hope my dear husband knows that he owes me. . . BIG TIME!!!

1 comment:

Triumph and Roxxi said...

Ummm no if it is anything like every other husband they have no IDEA how much they owe us.