Monday, January 28, 2008

Relief

Wow! What a crazy weekend we've had!! Last Tuesday, I went to the doctor, just kinda for a check-up. (Haven't really been feeling myself lately!) So, of course, they ran a bunch of tests, and didn't call me until Friday! Well, they tell me that my lab results are in, and then ask when I want to come in. So, of course, I ask how soon I can be seen. --They had no openings until Monday (today) with ANY doctor!! I was so mad that I had to wait all weekend!! Needless to say that all Friday, I was totally stressed out! Friday night, Shayne told me that he was going to give me a blessing. The kids were in bed & it was so quiet & peaceful, that as he spoke, I could just feel the worries go away! How awesome! Sure, I thought about it over the weekend, but nothing major! :)

We went to the doctor today & come to find out, I've got a little Hyperthyroidism! (Believe it or not, "Dr. Martinez", aka Shayne, actually told me it could be that, even before I went in!!) Well, the doctor didn't feel any lumps or "nodules", but I'm going in for an ultrasound, just to be sure! Now, after I see the dentist, gynecologist, and podiatrist I'll be complete!!! GEEZ - - I turn 31 & everything falls apart!!! :)

5 comments:

Kara said...

Is hyperthyroidism when your thyroid is over active? Is that permanent? Wow, I'm going to be 31 ths year, I'm kinda nervous now!!

Martinez Family said...

Yes, it is "over active". It actually speeds up your metabolism, wich doesn't sound like a bad thing, but there are side effects: nausia, trouble sleeping, feeling hyper, feeling flutters in your chest, etc.! (Those are my symptoms anyway!) :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I wish I had that problem. I need a metabolism boost :-) but dont want those side effects. I hope everything turns out well. Podiatrist too??? BTW I like your blog it is really cool. I would like to do this but no free time right now. Keep us posted on your hyperthyroidism.

Priceless Heritage said...

Hey! I hope you are feeling better! I actually know others with hyperthyroidism. Now you know which is good. Welcome to the BLOGGING WORLD girl!- I knew you'd crack! LOL!

Triumph and Roxxi said...

Hey now, I read all of your blog. Well I am sorry that you are going through all of that. Man no wonders you are so Skinny!!!! Well I hope everything goes well. Let me know if you need anything. And by the way awesome looking Valentines box. Mine would never look anything like that.